Monday, September 10, 2007

Still a tourist in the Yookay...

September 2007

Been in London for almost two months now. Job-hunting is not in full gear as I was still moving around England in a holiday mode - I think I deserve it after coming straight from serious stuff in the Philippines! And I also thought that I'd bum around a bit as I was hoping that sooner or later I will get a job that may not allow me to have this luxury of time to travel around!

So what have I been up to during my first few weeks since I arrived in July 07?

... to Cambridge for the folk music festival – where unfortunately missed Joan Baez's performance! Nonetheless the festival was superb where I saw excellent performance from the likes of Newton Faulkner, Ruthie Foster, Fiddler's Bid etc....

... to Sussex for a walk at Seven Sisters. It was a great day to get some sun! Seen the white cliffs – an amazing landscape to which the coasts of England are famous for.

... to Liverpool – the home town of the Beatles – of course i visited the Beatles Story museum. Excellent museum! There's a room which is the exact replica of "the white room" – John Lennon's living room where he recorded his song Imagine – i think that was his last song before he got killed. I swear I felt goosebumps crawling on my skin when I entered the room. One of the funny stories featured in the museum is about the Beatles' visit in the Philippines during one of their world tours. Apparently, there was a miscommunication that made the Beatles fail to turn up at the party organized by the Marcoses. The Marcoses, thinking that they were snobbed by the Beatles became very angry! Fearing for their lives, the Beatles left the country as soon as they could!

... to the Lake District to visit friends whose kids have sheeps and ducks for pets... and where I had so much fun jumping on the trampoline of my little girl friends!

... to Manchester to visit more friends!

... to the Nottinghill Carnival – the biggest street party in Europe! This year a total of 1.5 million tourists crowded the weekend carnival. It was amazing! We had to leave early though coz I got frightened by a brief stampede caused by gangsters. The next day I learned that a boy was killed from that scuffle.

... and finally to Plymouth where the breath-taking Plymouth Sound was the view from my window! Plymouth (Southern part of England – 5 hours by bus from London), is a seafaring port and is known historically for its Mayflower steps (where British people have walked to get to the boats which brought them to the U.S.)...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.