Thursday, November 22, 2012

Roux at The Landau (Lived up to my Expectations!)

My gourmet partner (aka Dave) and I had a fantastic dinner at Roux at The Landau recently. We went for their 3-course menu w/ a glass of champagne offer and our meal was a great start for a Friday night out. 

For starters, I had the broccoli soup with gnocci. Never a fan of gnocci but this did it for me. Followed by a main of spit-roast free-range chicken supreme w/ garlic confit, Aura potatoes and Suffolk cider sauce.  For some reason, this dinner made me choose dishes I wouldn't normally go for, but I thought if it was a Roux restaurant then this is where I should run the test of my sometimes discriminating palate. So this time I chose chicken over pork and oh wow the chicken was succulent, one bite after the other!  



My partner had the slow cooked collar of Lincolnshire with a ragout of arrocina beans and turnip tops and it was just as divine as the chicken although I thought my chicken tasted much better :-) 

Our meal was paired with Dave's choice of Cotes du Rhone which went very well with our meat choices. 

For our desserts, I had the caramelia mousse with bitter chocolate crunch and milk ice cream whilst Dave sampled four different types of cheeses from the cheese trolley.

My dessert was lip-smacking! Dave's cheeses were absolutely gorgeous. Our beautiful meal ended with our choice of coffee and petit fours. 

The staff were friendly and were very efficient as one would expect from a Roux restaurant. 

*** Roux at The Landau is at 1C Portland Place, London, W1B 1JA 

No comments: